Most jobs are conducted entirely by e-mail and phone. Final images are usually delivered via our secure file sharing service.
The process, in brief…
1. To begin with, ask for quote,
2. we will send you a quotation,
3. if the quote is agreeable we will begin work,
3. the client reviews the work as it progresses,
4. finished images are delivered to the client.
The process, in detail…
1. To begin with, ask for quote. For buildings email us a set of elevations and a site plan with a brief description of the views you require. For products email drawings, sketches or image reference of the design.
2. We will send you a quotation. If the quote is agreeable we will send an information request and, once we have received the information we require, work will begin.
Ideally, we like to work from CAD drawings as these are more accurate and make the process quicker. However, we will work from PDFs, hand-drawn drawings, sketches or photographic reference.
3. The client reviews the work as it progresses through roughly three stages:
Stage 01 – Modeling phase
We begin by building a digital 3d model of the building or product and draft images are emailed to the client. At this stage the model is presented as a “white card” or “clay” model allowing the client to check the underlying architecture and structure.
The client also checks the proposed angles of view and sends a list of amendments. Once the client is happy with the model we proceed to the next stage…
Stage 02 – Lighting and materials
We now apply the materials and colours and set up lighting. Once again, draft images are emailed to the client.
The client checks materials and lighting and sends a list of amendments. Once the client is happy with the materials and lighting we proceed to the next stage…
Stage 03 – Post-production
Finally, we apply the 2D components to the images such as people, plants and background and foreground elements.
Draft images submitted to client and the client checks the post-production elements and sends list of amendments.
At this stage any amendments to the model, angles of view, materials or lighting will incur an additional charge.
4. Finished images are delivered to the client. Final images are usually delivered via our secure file sharing service. Smaller image files can be sent via email and prints can also be organised.
A PDF version of the process can be downloaded below along with a copy of our information request sheet: